Dec 28: Beach Day


Our third day in Bohol was a really bad and a really good day for me. We had nothing planned except for scuba diving lessons.

The Bad. We started bright and early. Jomel took us to a similar place as our first open water dive, but first, he reviewed some of the basic skills with me. Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to clear my mask, just like I did in the pool. And because of this, I kept inhaling salt water both through my throat and through my nose, which was really painful. After several tries, I finally gave up and Jomel decided to leave me behind and proceed with the lesson only with Luis. In the end, I did agree with that decision. Everything was completely new for me, while it was not such a big deal for Luis. And it was best that he get more instruction, since he could easily get certified. I pass the quizzes, but I just couldn't get the skills down. So that was the really bad part.

the beach life

The Good. The really good part was that I got a free day to do what I wanted! First, I decided I wanted to lounge around underneath the colorful umbrellas and read my copy of "The Lost Symbol". Time seemed to last forever when you're on the beach and didn't have anything planned.

merlin orders a mango shake

I took Merlin out for a walk along the beach, and took several pictures of him. Then we parked ourselves near the resort, and waited for Luis. We ordered a few mango shakes and an ice cream sundae.

Now -- this is what I called a vacation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment