Jan 2: Dinner with the Yangs


The original plan for today was to go to the Salcedo Market for brunch. Unfortunately, the market was closed, so we didn't get to go. And since the rest of our weekends were booked, we basically missed our chance to go. Argh! I didn't get to have my taho!

merlin @ italliani's

The great news is that we managed to schedule dinner with Tito Bill and Tita Nina, Jennie's folks. Before meeting up with them at Italliani's, we had anticipated mass at the Greenbelt Chapel. Then Luis and I explored the bookstore for a bit, and met up with them at the restaurant. I brought Merlin along, too, for pictures to show Dave (I think he's pretty famous now).

at italliani's

We had a lot of food! We started off with the spinach & artichoke formaggio and a delicious chicken & mango salad. Then we had the angel hair pomodoro and 2 combo plates (a semblance of surf n' turf and a pasta combo). There were too many leftovers, naturally. But that didn't stop us from going for coffee and dessert at Figaro Coffee Company afterwards. I skipped the coffee and opted for tea, of course. But I didn't skip out on the dessert that Tito Bill recommended -- Figaro's "Little Oscar", a sans rival inspired pastry that was simply oh-so-yummy!

The talks covered a wide range of topics from politics to travel. Tita Nina highly recommended visiting Batanes. There was, of course, talk over Jennie, but not too much to get me or her into trouble. :) But it was nice to have spent time with her parents, because we didn't get that much time the last time they visited Pittsburgh.

Sadly, the night had to end. But we had good memories to inspire our dreams with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment